Dawn of Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dawn of Souls

Set 800 years after Bleach...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Angel [Yuri and Shino only]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Yuri

Yuri

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Last Angel [Yuri and Shino only] Empty
PostSubject: Last Angel [Yuri and Shino only]   Last Angel [Yuri and Shino only] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:09 am

Yuri touched down lightly in front of the temple. The temple [and the house behind it] was nestled into the edge of a thick, wild forest, and so there were trees all around. Behind her was a long flight of stone steps, leading up to the temple. The samurai looked up, then waved at Shino, her wings glowing for a moment before seeming to unravel, the energy used to create them nearly dispersing into the air before being drawn back to her body and being reabsorbed.

The temple and attached housing area was a rather large, old building. The house itself was styled traditionally with outside hallways, rice-paper sliding doors, and real wood used as a building material. Over all, an extremely outdated building design. Yuri knew that eventually, it would have to undergo an update, but she loved the house the way it was, and she knew her father did too. They would avoid updating as long as possible.

As Shino and Innis landed behind her, Yuri turned around with a smile, and bowed lightly. "Welcome to Hoshizora Temple, Shino-san," she said, straightening up. "Once you dismiss Innis, we'll head around to the side entrance. The temple is rather big, and Otousama has his forge in a specially modified room in there, so it'd be best to avoid there for now." This said, Yuri hugged her swords a little closer to herself, looking up at the sky as she waited for the other girl.
Back to top Go down
Shino

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Last Angel [Yuri and Shino only]   Last Angel [Yuri and Shino only] Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 7:48 am

Shino jumped down from Innis' back, the Epitaph dissolving behind her as she walked forwards until she was a little behind Yuri. Since Yuri was the hostess she wasn't going to walk beyond her, due to likely getting lost, as well as the home belonging to her. The building appeared none too different from some of the architecture from her home world, though still holding its own uniqueness to this world.

"So this is where you live? Its quite beautiful, and much more comforting than those large, gray buildings. I'm not one for forging so avoidance of that room might be for the best then," her weapons and creatures were summoned and therefore she'd never had to bargain with a smithy, nor work her own weapons before. "Lead the way then, and I'll follow!" she couldn't help but add the smile.
Back to top Go down
Yuri

Yuri

PostSubject: Re: Last Angel [Yuri and Shino only]   Last Angel [Yuri and Shino only] Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:33 am

Yuri looked back, smiled, then turned forward and started walking, heading around the side of the temple. A window was propped open along the side, and waves of heat could easily be seen, along with the banging of a hammed on metal. Judging by that, she realized that her father either had a special order, or he was keeping his true ability honed. She walked over to the window and whistled sharply, getting her father's attention.

A man with pale pink hair like Yuri's came to the window. "Yuri-chan, you're home early," he said, smiling. "Tadaima."

"Okaeri," Yuri responded then motioned behind her. At the last moment, she decided to change the cover story to make things easier for Shino. "Otousama, this is Kasumi Shino. She's the younger sister of a co-worker of mine. Something came up and Shino-san needs a place to stay for a while. Since my co-worker doesn't have room at her place, I offered to allow Shino-san to stay here. That's all right, isn't it?"

"I see. Of course it's fine. It'll be nice to have another person around here for a while." He leaned out a bit farther to see Shino a little better. "It's a pleasure, Kasumi-san. Boku wa Hoshizora Soji," he said with a smile, and a slight bow. He would have bowed properly, but the fact that he was standing in a window kind of stopped that. "Yuri-chan, I'm sorry, but can I trust you with dinner tonight? You can order in tonight if you wish, since you'll need to help Kasumi-san settle in."

"All right. I'll order Chinese food, then," the younger Hozhizora said with a smile, dipping her head slightly.

[OOC: Japanese translations below.]

Tadaima = Welcome home. [Said to a person returning home.]
Okaeri = I'm back/home. [Said by the person returning... even said if the house is empty.]
Otousama = [literally] Honorable father. [The "O" prefix denotes respectfulness. Yuri is very, VERY respectful in the way she speaks to her father. There isn't a way to get any respectful than that.]
Boku wa Hoshizora Soji = I am Hoshizora Soji. [The 'boku' is the male word for I.]
Back to top Go down
Shino

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Last Angel [Yuri and Shino only]   Last Angel [Yuri and Shino only] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:31 pm

(Arg, lost whatever bits of a crappy post I had due to slow interweb connection so pardon this even crappier one)

The two snuck snippets of their home language into the conversation, and Shino bowed to the elder one when he did so, despite the window's hindering. Seemed to be the polite thing to do. And the story's change didn't escape her notice as she was no longer the co-worker but the sibling of one. At least then her 'free-loader' status was more correct since then there was no indication of being able to pay back their hospitality. She'd try to think of a good way or few later but first she still wanted to try and understand this new world more, feel less like a newborn.

The food sounded somewhat interesting since it was classified by a race, and she spared a moment to ponder what this race might look like. Tail? Wings? Horns? Intriguing colored skin? Who knows, it seemed this world wasn't as vastly different in its races as hers could be. She'd only seen animalistic appearing people in images here, and had wondered where they dwelled if not in the cities with the others. Might be best to begin the questioning of this world to her hostess once the food was present and they were away from the elder. She knew how alarmed some had been to hear her talking with phrases such as 'this world' and always distancing herself as though apart from others. Still...she wasn't even sure what an 'alien' was but had been called one by some guy who'd been wearing signs saying 'Doomsday is near!'
Back to top Go down
Yuri

Yuri

PostSubject: Re: Last Angel [Yuri and Shino only]   Last Angel [Yuri and Shino only] Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:29 am

Yuri bowed briefly to her father, then hurriedly led Shino towards the front entrance to the house. "Oh, umm... so you know, you need to remove your shoes outside. There should be guest slippers there. If not, I'll need to fetch you a pair," she said quickly, almost laughing at the fact that she'd nearly forgotten that little detail. She really did have a lot to teach Shino about the Japanese culture... including language, it seemed. Sure, Japan was mostly an English speaking country like the rest of the world now, but still, there were a lot of people that spoke mainly Japanese... like she and her father. The only exception was in the presence of outside company. Still, Japanese people often slipped into conversation.

"Oh, and in case you are wondering, Chinese people aren't all that different in appearance from Japanese people... and Chinese food isn't all together that different from what we normally eat here. I just figured that it was a bit soon to introduce you to sushi," Yuri added, grinning slightly. At that moment, she reached the covered, wooden walkway with a wide stone step leading up to it. The pink haired girl stood on it, then raised a foot and took off her sandal before placing her sock covered foot on the wood. This action was repeated with the other foot, and she transfered both sandals to one hand before opening was appeared to be an outdoor closet, containing a huge shoe rack. Surprisingly, it was practically empty, containing only six pairs of shoes. Two pairs were obviously her father's.

From the top, Yuri pulled out a pair of off-white slippers, which she set down lightly for Shino to step into.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Angel [Yuri and Shino only]   Last Angel [Yuri and Shino only] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last Angel [Yuri and Shino only]
Page 1 of 1