Dawn of Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dawn of Souls

Set 800 years after Bleach...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

F***ing weapons! >_<

Go down 
+4
Tiberius
Shin
Skaeith
Ayame
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ayame

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2009-04-28

F***ing weapons! >_< Empty
PostSubject: F***ing weapons! >_<   F***ing weapons! >_< Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 8:21 pm

As you guys know, I don't much like approving weapons, and make every attempt to push it off on other people. You want to know WHY that is?! Because nearly every fucking time I do, my approval gets undermined by some other fucking person! Prime example is the res I approved this morning. >_<

Kisui's Acuatico Galgo

It just pisses me off and I feel stupid afterwards... So don't bother ever asking me to approve a weapon again. I won't do it. I'll just be undermined again anyway.

~Ferri/Akito/Karayan/Yuri/Utau/Koto/Nanae
Back to top Go down
Skaeith

Skaeith

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: F***ing weapons! >_<   F***ing weapons! >_< Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 8:56 pm

As I stated while you were away showering, I don't do it to undermine, I do it to assist. I didn't know people took offense to that. But I don't see why you'd be pissed or feel stupid. I don't once remember barging in saying "Hey, iiiiiiiiiiidiot, look what you missed! Stuped. D<"

But I don't see a problem with you shying away from the approval of such things. It's just not the forte of some. I just wish it didn't make you feel like crap when I try to help. ><
Back to top Go down
Shin

Shin

Number of posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: F***ing weapons! >_<   F***ing weapons! >_< Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 9:13 pm

I think your being a litte childish about it.....you are aware that you are the fourm god here. if someone underminds tell them to piss off....your word is law here. but don't cross your arms and say "Well i just won't do it" like a 5 year old and show some fucking back bone. skaeith shouldn't have underminded you, and rather had asked you about the approval.
Back to top Go down
Ayame

PostSubject: Re: F***ing weapons! >_<   F***ing weapons! >_< Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 9:16 pm

The problem is when I have already approved something, people come in and are all like "oh, such and such needs to be dumbed down a bit." It's not saying it directly, but it is the same as "Hey, moron! You missed this, and now I'm going to correct it!"

It makes me feel like a huge idiot, because I generally thought it was fine as it was, but then someone walks in after me and says it isn't. So thus, since I'm not smart enough to deal with weapons, I just won't.

Also, Shin, every time I pull the power card, I get my ass fucking chewed off for it, so I'm just not going to bother. It's not worth the stress and headache.
Back to top Go down
Shin

Shin

Number of posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: F***ing weapons! >_<   F***ing weapons! >_< Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 9:19 pm

but you have the power to put an end to it. admin like you got a pair.
Back to top Go down
Ayame

PostSubject: Re: F***ing weapons! >_<   F***ing weapons! >_< Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 9:24 pm

Wait, what? Huh? "admin like you got a pair."? What the heck does that mean? O_O;;;;
Back to top Go down
Skaeith

Skaeith

PostSubject: Re: F***ing weapons! >_<   F***ing weapons! >_< Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 9:25 pm

Shin wrote:
I think your being a litte childish about it.....you are aware that you are the fourm god here. if someone underminds tell them to piss off....your word is law here. but don't cross your arms and say "Well i just won't do it" like a 5 year old and show some fucking back bone. skaeith shouldn't have underminded you, and rather had asked you about the approval.

That's the entirely wrong approach. The whole "I'm God, you're my bitch" deal is pure idiocy. Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone. That kind of thinking leads to said mistakes being left unattended because he or she would made/missed them is "God", and thus cannot and will not tolerate the possibility of being wrong.

Administration is a Team. T-E-A-M. Instead of saying "Oh, they're fixing my stuff because I'm an idiot", look at it like an assist shot in basketball or something.

My God, ain't that a concept to behold? Teeeeeaaaaaaammmmmwooooorrrrrrk. Not "They think I'm stupid", but "Oh sweet, they just helped me out by not letting something that could be troublesome down the road slip past."

Edit Note: I'm pretty sure he's talkin' about balls.
Back to top Go down
Ayame

PostSubject: Re: F***ing weapons! >_<   F***ing weapons! >_< Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 9:27 pm

If he is... etto... no, I don't. I'm a chick, after all. LMAO
Back to top Go down
Tiberius

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: F***ing weapons! >_<   F***ing weapons! >_< Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Not everyone is good at everything, if you suck at approving... don't approve, I don't see the huge deal behind this.

No offense to anyone, but just because someone is the head admin, doesn't make them thee smartest person on the forum, nor does it give them right too the last say.

I've seen, and I know Aion has too, that sometimes admins will go "No Segunda Ress for anyone under 3rd" Only for the manga to show the 4th actually had it as well, making them not only look completely silly, but heavy handed and it shows that they are closed minded. Perhaps instead of looking at it badly, one can go "What did I miss" or "what angle am I not seeing" instead of going "I'm head admin, therefore I instantly know more about the weapon or char in five minutes of reading it over, than the person who made it"

Once again, not saying anyone did this, just wanting to point out the silliness of not working together
Back to top Go down
Kisui

Kisui

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: F***ing weapons! >_<   F***ing weapons! >_< Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 9:57 pm

seeing as my rez was involved in this i feel that i must post.

i have posted up a note on Hirviendo in the res thread, i never clamed TOTAL immunatey to water and ice, as you see if you read i can still be harmed by it.
Back to top Go down
Kuchiki Mai

Kuchiki Mai

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-05-14

PostSubject: Re: F***ing weapons! >_<   F***ing weapons! >_< Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 5:43 am

...This is sort of stupid. Ferri-san, don't approve if it makes you feel bad. It's that simple. This site is supposed to be the site that doesn't make people feel bad. So don't approve. There are enough staffers that you not approving won't kill anyone.

As a side note, saying that Skaeith-san was undermining you simply because he saw something you didn't... Is not what I believe happened. This site is also supposed to be the site that has tough mods and therefore actually good ones. It's not undermining you unless he has the intent to create discord. Which... I'm really sure Skaeith-san doesn't...

I shall admit that when I mod something, and someone else posts afterward about something I missed. I feel a bit stupid. But the key word there is bit. You haven't suddenly posted that the sky is green, so, really little things like missing something in an app. isn't exactly stupid. There are tons of factors other than intelligence that come together when someone is modding. Yeah, you missed something. You didn't kill anyone. And no one is looking at you like you're an idiot so the world will go on.

'Sides Ferri-san, I don't think anyone here is going to think you're an idiot. ...Unless you tell us that the sky is green.
Back to top Go down
Aion Tertium
Cero Espada/ Race Leader
Aion Tertium

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: F***ing weapons! >_<   F***ing weapons! >_< Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 6:30 am

You'e gotta be kidding me.....oh come on now. First of all it isn't undermining when someone has seen a flaw you have not some are just more observent or experienced with approving certain things. Thats what admins are a team there is no reason to feel stupid, yeah you feel a bit dumb but think of the big picture here the good side, it just means that one more flaw has noticed and avoided its no big deal. Thats childish saying that you won't approve weapons just because of that, leave it to those who are more experienced or ask one of the others for help in the approval; no one is perfect we all have our flaws and not everyone is skill in all approval areas thats why more than one person is staff. Also the whole' forum god' thing won't work, and will only cause trouble. See like Tib said, just because someone is the head admin it doesn't make them perfect at approval and if your not good at certain areas than leave it to someone else. Once again no big deal. Also like i said, i've seen the forum god thing a hundred times most notably in the case of Adauchi and we all saw how tha ended up. So the entirely wrong approach to things, no offense Shin but that shit just doesn't work.

It's not a big deal just dont approval weapon or let someone who knows do it, or even ask another staff to help you thats what we are here for a TEAM. There is no I in team, i'm sure your wondering what thet has to do with anything but it has its purpose. Meaning we work together on things and that there is no shame in asking for a little help, or anothers opinion or view on the matter. Instead of being chlidish about it, i might be being a bit harsh here, but this seems like a pointless matter that there was no real reason to get all worked up over. Such a thing can be easily fixed....
Back to top Go down
Katsuaki

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: F***ing weapons! >_<   F***ing weapons! >_< Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 9:19 am

Okay, I'm sorry, but the way you guys are fighting over this, I feel like I should point out a few things...
1. yes, the "I am GOD" approach does not work. Don't use it.
2. When someone approves something, it IS undermining them if you post right after that that something should be changed. This makes the approver feel stupid and inferior.

The proper way of handling this would be to PM the person who made the original approval with your concerns, at which point the original approver can post something to the effect of "it has been brought to my attention" or "Someone pointed out such-and-such, and I agree that it needs to be fixed."
This method allows the original approver to feel that, while they overlooked something, their team/friends have helped them, rather than giving the impression, both to the original approver and anyone else who reads that particular thread, that the correcting person overrode the initial approval because of superior ability.
I would note that this is the same method good businesses use to correct employees, taking them aside and mentioning the error, instead of correcting them in front of everyone, giving the impression that the employee being reprimanded is incompetent. The same principal and feelings are in play here.

On the other hand, if someone does not feel that they should, want, or need to do something, such as approving a character or weapon, no problem. we have plenty of great staff that will handle everything, in their own way, at their own pace.
Keep up the good work, everyone! ^.^
Back to top Go down
Skaeith

Skaeith

PostSubject: Re: F***ing weapons! >_<   F***ing weapons! >_< Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 9:49 am

Well... Lovely to see we're mostly on the same page, but pretty much every post has been a long-winded reaffirmation of what I've already stated. Not that there's really anything wrong with that, but for the sake of shirking redundancy, I think we should leave the matter be. All that needs be said has been said.
Back to top Go down
Ayame

PostSubject: Re: F***ing weapons! >_<   F***ing weapons! >_< Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 4:20 pm

Okay, THANK YOU to all those who refrained from calling me childish. [To those that did, thanks. Way to make me feel like an absolute idiot for getting my feelings on the matter out into the open, considering that people keep asking me to approve weapons.] And a big thank you to Katsu for posting what he did. That is EXACTLY it.

On another note, I'm sorry for apparently causing a drama fest with this. I was already in a nasty mood when I discovered that my approval had been undermined like that, and so I went off. I'm officially locking this now so that no further argument over my personal feelings pops up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: F***ing weapons! >_<   F***ing weapons! >_< Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

F***ing weapons! >_<
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dawn of Souls :: Other :: OOC Conversation-
Jump to: