Dawn of Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dawn of Souls

Set 800 years after Bleach...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BattleMaster

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paksennarion

Paksennarion

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-05-07

BattleMaster Empty
PostSubject: BattleMaster   BattleMaster Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:31 pm

XP This is a blatant plug.

Whenever I ask, no one seems to even know what BattleMaster is. Which is sad, and so I am spreading the love. BattleMaster is a text-based browser game, based on the medieval ages. All of the roleplaying is through correspondence, and it's somewhat hard to explain. I've been playing for a month or so, and it's extremely fun.

To quote the homepage:

BattleMaster is a team-oriented browsergame merging strategy and roleplaying. It is set in a low-fantasy middle-ages world and players take the role of nobles and lords.

BattleMaster is a light-weight game that can be played alongside your other activities. Although you can delve deeply into it and spend more time on it, about 15 minutes per day are enough for regular play, and 5 will do if you are in a hurry.

BattleMaster is also a game under active development. New features are being added and gameplay and balance are constantly tweaked to improve the game further. You can talk directly to the developers on the mailing list.

Some key points that make BattleMaster different from most other games, both browser-based and not:

* you are a member of a team from the start, and don't have to start out on your own.
* interaction with other players is a core element of the game, not an add-on.
* playable on many levels, from order-following noble to the global politics playing king.
* we dislike cheaters and abusers, and players and GameMasters cooperate on removing them.
* no advertisement, and no game elements that exist only so you have to check back often.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Perhaps BattleMaster is an inappropriate title. While yes, there is fighting, there is also a lot of politics. If anyone's interested in looking at it, here's a link: http://battlemaster.org/

There's a wiki for it too. If you want to try it out, there's no harm in it. You don't need to download anything, it doesn't take up computer space, etc. It's rather strange, and I've never played anything like it before. Hailed as the best medieval times simulator, it's an interesting roleplaying experience.

If you do decide to join, I would recommend joining in the following place. The continent Dwilight, the realm Astrum and preferably don't choose the duchy Libidezed or anything sounding like that. That realm is the best I've found, as it's both friendly and nice to newcomers.

My family name is Surcliffe, and the character I have in Astrum is Elise.
Back to top Go down

BattleMaster
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dawn of Souls :: Other :: OOC Conversation-
Jump to: